It’s hard to believe that just five years ago ASPIRA, Inc. of Pennsylvania (ASPIRA of PA) was a relatively small community-based organization with less than 100 employees and an operating budget around $2 million. Today, ASPIRA of PA has over 750 employees and a budget that exceeds $58 million. In the past five years, ASPIRA of PA has emerged as a leader in education reform and a trailblazer among North Philadelphia charter schools. In addition to becoming a charter management organization in 2008, ASPIRA of PA has also expanded the scope of its enrichment programs and greatly increased the number of students served by its programs and schools. Take a look at the following figures to learn more about ASPIRA of PA’s recent growth and accomplishments.
Since 2008 ASPIRA of PA has:
• Expanded from 1 charter school to 5 charter schools, including 2 traditional charter schools, 2 turnaround schools, and 1 cyber school.
• Grown from serving about 550 students to over 4,000 students.
• Increased its real-estate assets and property management from a 30,000 sq. ft. building to over 1 million sq. ft. in facilities.
• Expanded from serving 5 grades to a complete PreK – 12 th grade, cradle to college/career model.
• More than doubled the number of enrichment programs it provides.
ASPIRA of PA plans to continue its growth and expansion in the coming year through new initiatives like a Community Technology Center and a district-wide science fair for all five ASPIRA schools.